Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My New Portland Life

I'm HOME! Practically all of our things are now in our new place of residence. North Portland is amazing, like most of Portland is just simply amazing. We've gotten rid of so much useless shit in this move, i've gotten rid of more stuff than ever before. It makes me feel so free in the ways of really putting thought into what i'd like to accomplish here. A huge weight is gone and i feel...inspired? Oh lordy the cheese my happiness has produced.

I've been staying in the new apartment since the night of the 23rd of Feb. Got our internet hooked back up on the 2nd o March and have spent far too much money since moving but it's all worth it, pretty much everyday i've been here so far has been retardedly happy. I had one bad day and that was just from the time i woke up i was a grumpy shit log. I think by that night i was feeling a bit better. Part of my happiness is not only the move but i'm on 2 weeks vacation. I don't know that i've ever felt this awake...or maybe my vacation was just long overdue.
In my time here i've almost set up our entire apartment, especially the kitchen. I went out with my boyfriend and roomate to Devil's Point for a new friend's bachlorette party full of drunkeness and fire dancers. Gone out with my bestfriends Erin and Fred to the Fez for 80's night. Gone to a Secretions show at the Hawthorne Theater where the Anxieties also played that night. Explored the neighborhood a bit and found our new coffeeshop...where i will end up spending alot of extra cash. Took the MAX line outside of our apartment to downtown and went book shopping and had massive amounts of Sushi and smiles. I finally bought 'Running with Scissors' today, i can't wait to read it, i've already read a couple of Augusten's other books, I own 'Dry' and 'Possible Side Effects' and i own the movie Running with Scissors. At this moment i'm readying his brother's Memior 'Look me in the Eye' by John Elder Robison....SO GOOD. I have a thing for brutally honest and interesting memoirs...usually of people with extremely fucked up lives/childhoods.
Tomarrow my mom is finally coming to stay the night and i can't fucking wait! I miss my mom so much...i'm hoping tomarrow i can make her go back to IKEA with me so i can pick up my new bartable and stool for the kitchen...and make my roomate go too cause he needs a new bookshelf anyway....so do i for that matter... can't stop buying books...ever, and i'm glad for it. :D
I've taken some pics of the new place but havn't uploaded them yet...so that will come at another juncture. I have to send off for a new hard drive for the compy, it's got about 2G left and it's running terribly slow.
Well i'm off to mingle with my lovely housemates and finish my Fat Tire.

<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment